Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Can a Celiac find Gluten Free food at the Disney World Parks?
- - Asked by Kareen from Texas on 1/28/2014
- Howdy Kareen!
Yes, you can find Gluten-Free options at Walt Disney World. They are fabulous about food allergies and special diets, so they'll take good care of you! Here's a couple of tips to help everything go smoothly:
1. Table Service dining: make sure you note your special diet in any and ALL dining reservations. You'll need to check the appropriate box when making a reservation on-line, or let the Cast Member know when calling in. Once you arrive at the restaurant, I always verify the allergy (in my case) is noted on the seating slip. Once seated, the Chef will come by your table and discuss safe options for you. You food is prepared in a special area to help prevent cross-contamination.
2. Quick Service dining: You'll approach the Cast Member to place your order and let them know that you have a special diet requiring Gluten-Free options. They'll have the chef come and speak with you about the options on the menu, and other options.
3. Snacks: Walt Disney World carries many pre-packaged snacks that are Gluten-Free, just make sure to look. If you don't see any, just ask, Cast Members are happy to help!
If you have any more questions, check out this page on Special Dietary Requests at Walt Disney World.
Have a magical vacation!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.