Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are planning our first trip to DW this April with my 2yo daughter and 4yo son. We are staying off site and I have planned 2 character dinning experiences so far. How many reservations would you recommend I make for 5 days?
- - Asked by Jessica on 1/24/2014
- Hi there, Jessica!
Congratulations on your upcoming first trip to the Walt Disney World Resort! You're in for a real treat!
I'm glad to hear that you've already made Advanced Dining Reservations for 2 Character Dining experiences. Those locations are extremely popular, so it's a good thing to have those confirmed. When my family visits, we like to make a least one Table Service reservation per day. Often times, we'll make one for breakfast and one for dinner and we'll just pick up a snack in-between.
There are so many absolutely fabulous restaurants to dine at on Walt Disney World property. Some of our favorite non-Character locations for breakfast are:
* Grand Floridian Cafe at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
* Boma - Flavors of Africa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
* Olivia's Cafe at Disney's Old Key West Resort
And some of our favorite non-Character locations for lunch or dinner are:
* The Plaza Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park
* Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano at Disney's Hollywood Studios
* Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Resort
It's such a personal decision on how many reservations to make. You can always write out a menu before your trip and plan out what you're going to do for meals so that you're covered. There are lots of fabulous Quick Service dining locations around the Parks as well that do not require reservations at all.
I sure hope this helps! Please let us know if we can help with any other questions you have.
Wishing you and your family a Pixie Dusted vacation!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.