Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi Derek! You answered a question from me re: shipping gifts home & I thank you for that! We have ADR's for breakfast Chef Mickeys on 11/25 for my family of 6. My MIL will be in town & would like to join us. Any chance a seat can w/ such short noti
- - Asked by Hope from West Virginia on 11/8/2013
- Hi Hope,
It was so nice to hear back from you! I'm really glad I was able to help with your previous question!
As for your question about Chef Mickey's - that's a good one! Unfortunately, I see a few things that might make this a bit of a challenge:
1) You currently have a reservation for an even number of guests. If it was an odd number, it might be easier to squeeze in another guest at your table.
2) You'll be traveling during a busy week, so the popular restaurants are likely to be fully booked already.
3) Chef Mickey's is an über-popular restaurant, so it's usually fully booked all the time.
Okay, enough disclaimers! Let's do some brainstorming!!
First, I'd recommend calling the Walt Disney World Dining reservation line at (407) 939-3463 and see if they can take care of it. I've been in your shoes before, and the cast members were very helpful in modifying my reservation when I called.
If they tell you that the restaurant is fully booked for breakfast that day, don't worry because I've got a Plan B - keep calling back each day. That may sound like goofy idea, but cancellations happen all the time (especially within a week of the reservation's date).
An alternative Plan B could be to keep checking the availability for other time slots on either DisneyWorld.com or using the My Disney Experience mobile app on your smart phone. That way, you could book the new reservation and cancel the previous one you had.
Here's a little tip from your buddy Derek:
Make sure you're mindful of the cancellation policy for your breakfast reservation (it'll be in the e-mail confirmation you received). Depending on when you booked it, there may be a $10/person charge for canceling with less than 24 hours notice.
I hope that helps! I'd love to hear back from you if you have any other questions!!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.