Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are staying at the Polynesian and have a reservation at California Grill. Is it within walking distance? Also, our reservation is at 5:30 so what would you suggest doing after dinner with a 6 and 8 year old until the fireworks at 9? Thanks!
- - Asked by Aimee on 9/1/2013
- Hi Aimee!
My son and I love California Grill at the Contemporary Resort! I have some amazing news for you! If you are dining at the California Grill for dinner and you complete your meal before Wishes is scheduled to begin, you can go back up to watch Wishes on the balcony viewing areas with your dinner receipt for that evening. Just show your dinner receipt to the cast member who is running the special California Grill elevator (located by the check in area for California Grill on the second floor) and they will let you ride up to watch Wishes on the roof of the Contemporary Resort. It is a very long walk from the Polynesian Resort to the the Contemporary Resort (30 to 45 minutes) and you would have to walk to the Ticket and Transportation Center and then to the Contemporary Resort. It would be much easier and quicker to get on the Resort Monorail at the Polynesian Resort and get off at the Contemporary Resort (which is the third stop).
Dinner at California Grill can take between 1 1/2 to 2 hours, so you could feasibly finish dinner between 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Ideas to help you pass the time while you are waiting for Wishes to begin:
1. Take a Monorail ride on the Resort Loop just for the fun of it
2. Explore the great shops on the fourth floor of the Contemporary Resort
3. Take a walk to the Contemporary Marina and have a look around
I hope that your California Grill dinner is truly magical!
Keep Dreaming Big!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.