Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi! We will be going to Disney march 2, 2014 - March 6th. We have the 5-day base ticket an are staying at the campground in our new RV. Please give any and all advice on RV camping there! Thanks so much!
- - Asked by jamie on 1/2/2014
- Hello fellow camper!
Jamie, I could spend hours talking about Fort Wilderness and what our family considers our home away from home! Thankfully for you as a reader, I'm limited here for space and won't go on and on!
First, let me point out a few safety "tips":
- The fort is a pedestrian- and bike-friendly campground, so I highly recommend strapping your bikes on to the RV. If you're towing your car, you can park it at your campsite, but there are no parking spaces at the Settlement near the beach and marina. Our family chooses to bike to the marina for all the activities and to catch the boat to the Magic Kingdom. Disney buses abound on the property, too.
- Speaking of bikes, you'll be busy after sunset at the campground, so if you bring yours, pick up an inexpensive bike light to affix to each seat for night-time riding.
- Open fires are prohibited at the fort, which can be surprising for camping veterans. However, you may use an enclosed fire pit with a screen at your site. If the bug bites our family for 'smores or a fire, we just head over to Chip 'n' Dale's Campfire Sing-along behind the Meadows Trading Post in the evening. Fire pots are lit about 20 minutes before "show time."
For fun, make sure to thumb through your packet when you check in. It's updated and revised from the materials they've used for years at the fort and include all the times you need for the nightly water pageant, campfire, horse rides, archery lessons and more. So don't put it aside when you arrive!
Lastly, take the time to "loop," going to the other RV loops just to get a feel of the vast campground, not to mention dreaming about your NEXT trip!
Wishing y'all a magical vacation!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.