Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are taking our kids (ages 9,7,5,& 2) to WDW in Oct. This is the 1st time we get to stay at a Disney Resort - a cabin at Fort Wilderness! How can I find more detailed info. about the resort - activities, rentals, etc. We are so excited to stay at
- - Asked by Angela from Illinois on 5/28/2008
I remember being in your exact situation about two years ago, when we stayed at the cabins in October. Lucky you! In my opinion the Fort Wilderness cabins are a great lodging option at WDW, and are perfect for nature lovers, or families with kids that love the outdoors.
Let me share a few of the web sites that I found to be the most useful for us on that trip...
1) First, of course, is the WDW site with some (admittedly limited) information about Fort Wilderness.
2) Probably the most complete source of information can be found at www.allears.net. Simply enter "Fort Wilderness Fact Sheet" in the search engine to find a link to a very complete fact page on this resort.
3) Another helpful source, with several nice photos, is www.kingdom-travel.com. On this site the search engine doesn't help much, so instead simply select “Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground” on the menu link on the left side of the home page. An especially nice feature on this page are the maps that are included.
I hope those sources provide the information you need.
One last piece of advice I would share is that renting a golf cart from the Bike Barn (reserve it in advance) can be very helpful. They make your transportation more efficient, and give you easier access to all of the great amenities that Fort Wilderness has to offer. I know they aren't cheap, but they do add a lot to your vacation experience while you are there.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.