Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi Is staying at a Delux resort worth the extra cost? I am thinking about up grading from the POFQ.
- - Asked by Eddy from California on 3/25/2011
- Hi Eddy! If you are able to upgrade to a Deluxe resort without hindering the rest of your vacation budget, I would definitely recommend it. The Deluxe resorts offer that extra level of comfort and relaxation, along with some additional amenities. That is not to say Port Orleans French Quarter is not enjoyable, just that the things a Deluxe resort offers are worth the cost, in my opinion.
Some of the differences you'll experience at a Deluxe resort include the following:
If you feel you will take advantage of and enjoy some of these amenities, then upgrading would probably be a great idea for you. I know when I'm staying in a Deluxe resort at Disney, I just feel like everything is taken care of and any thing you might need or want is available right at your resort. My personal favorites are Beach Club for its location and pool and Wilderness Lodge for the overall feel of the resort. (I really haven't found a Deluxe resort I didn't like though!)
- Larger: (344-476 sq ft vs 314 sq ft)
- Most rooms accommodate 5 guests
- Typically 2 Queen beds vs. typical 2 Double beds in Moderate resorts
- Multiple on-site Table Service restaurants, including Signature Dining and Character Dining
- Suites available
- Club-level Concierge
- Fitness Center
- Kid’s Activities and Child Care
- Larger, elaborately themed pools (some zero entry) with water slides
- 24-hour Room Service
- Valet Parking
- Interior air-conditioned hallways instead of exterior
- Additional transportation options (bus and/or monorail instead of just buses)
Good luck with your decision and have a wonderful vacation!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.