Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi! I have heard of upgrades in different resorts do you ask for the upgrade or do they just offer it sometime if available?
- - Asked by CRYSTAL from Alabama on 2/9/2010
The answer is a little of both. Often the resort cast members will upgrade someone sight-unseen, simply because they can. I was given a room upgrade at the Animal Kingdom Lodge by a cast member who knew that he had a spare room in a better location that was going to go unused during my short stay. I would never had known, had I not asked why I was in that room instead of another area.
Score one for me, and one for another great Walt Disney World Cast Member!
On the other hand, many are able to get room upgrades simply by asking nicely. But there are a few rules.
- Don't expect something. There simply may be nothing 'better' available.
- Be nice. Those cast members deal with a lot of guests, and as we all know sugar attracts flies better than honey.
- Be specific. Tell them what you would want better in your room. Closer to the lobby. Improved view. Give them direction so they can check quickly and then move on to help another guest. Simply saying "better" puts them on a wild goose chase!
That is about it! Good luck!
Have a magical vacation!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.