Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are coming for our 25th anniversary. My husband suggested we splurge on a deluxe resort, but my frugal self needs convincing. I know it is subjective, but what are the main advantages to deluxe over moderate resorts. Thank you.
- - Asked by Teri from Texas on 1/15/2014
- Welcome Terry and congratulations on your 25th anniversary!
I'm a frugal gal as well, so I understand your dilemma. Whatever your choice, it will be an unforgettable anniversary trip. My husband and I have had "couples only" vacation getaways at both the moderate as well as deluxe resorts and each vacation was MAGICAL because you are with your loved one.
The only disadvantage to staying at a deluxe resort is the increased cost. They are ah-mazing! But that was the easy part to your question.
Below are my perceptions of the advantages of the deluxe resort categories:
- Location! Location! Location! - They are located in close proximity to the theme parks and have spectacular views
- Larger rooms - On average have 40 - 70 square feet more
- More luxurious grounds
- Extra amenities - Take a look at Stormalong Bay at Beach/Yacht Club for an example
- Cool transportation options beyond the bus system - (the only exception is Animal Kingdom Lodge)
If you still are undecided take a look at The Wilderness Lodge (deluxe) and compare it to Port Orleans Riverside (moderate). The Wilderness Lodge is at the lower end of the deluxe price structure and is a great option if you want to splurge "just a little more". Port Orleans Riverside is in my opinion the most romantic moderate, and strolling the grounds is my favorite thing to do there.
Please come back to the Disney Parks Moms Panel with all of your vacation planning questions.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.