Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- I'm trying to decide between The Contemporary and Polynesian for my trip in Sept 2014. Are there any perks to staying at 1 over the other?
- - Asked by Jennifer from North Carolina on 10/16/2013
- Hi Jennifer,
What an awesome question! I think one of the most difficult decisions to make when planning a Walt Disney World vacation is picking a resort hotel to stay at.
Before I give you my thoughts, I have to offer a huge disclaimer: I'm a die-hard fan of Disney's Polynesian Resort. My first visit was 30 years ago and I've lost count on how many times I've been there since. It holds a very special place in my heart!
Okay, now that you've seen that I might have Polynesian-colored glasses on, let me try to help you with your decision:
Perks for Staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort:
1) This is the only resort hotel where you can walk to and from the Magic Kingdom. Talk about convenience!
2) The Monorail buzzes (quietly) through the middle of the hotel. This is not only fun to watch, but is also quite convenient. You can ride it to and from the Magic Kingdom, or take it one stop and transfer to the Epcot Monorail.
3) The Theme Park View rooms offer an amazing view of the Magic Kingdom from the balcony.
Perks for Staying at Disney's Polynesian Resort:
1) The ambience is so relaxing and will make you feel like you're on an island in the Pacific.
2) Their volcano pool and beachfront area are awesome for mid-day breaks.
3) Guests are invited to experience a wide variety of activities (e.g hula lessons, storytelling, arts & crafts, etc.) throughout the day that are themed to south pacific cultures.
Here's a little tip from your buddy Derek:
The Disney Parks YouTube channel has a series of videos on both resort hotels, so that might be a fun resource to use as you're weighing your options!
I hope that helps! I'd love to hear back from you if you'd like to brainstorm some more, so please feel free to write back.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.