Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Is there a big difference between the Beach Club Resort and the Yacht Club Resort? I know they are sister properties, however, is there any differences between the two? Our group will have 5 (2 kids-3 adults). Which resort would be better for us?
- - Asked by Kathleen from Nevada on 4/30/2008
- The Yacht and Beach Clubs are very similar resorts. They both have the same outstanding quality of service and easy access to the same restaurants and amenities (like the pool). I can think of only four factors that would impact your decision on which to stay at:
1. Interior themeing. The Beach Club is more relaxed and comfy feeling, like grandma's beach cottage. The Yacht Club is more elegant and stately, like a private club. Both are beautiful, it's just a matter of personal preference.
2. Proximity to Epcot. Both resorts are walkable to/from Epcot. The Beach Club is a 3-5 minute walk away. The Yacht Club is a 5-7 minute walk away. Not a big deal, but late at night with tired kids, that two minutes makes a difference to me.
3. Choice of room configurations. Most of the rooms at the Yacht and Beach are equivalent in terms of size. Additionally, the Beach Club also offers apartment-like villa rooms that offer much more space that is great for larger families, intergenerational families, or two parties traveling together.
4. Gift shop options. Because of the on-site villa at the Beach Club, the Beach Club shop is more fully stocked with food items, almost like a mini convenience store. Yacht Club guests can certainly shop here, but it's a bit further away.
My family's resort of choice is the Beach Club villas. We've stayed there at least five times and in regular Beach Club rooms three times. I've never stayed at the Yacht Club, but I've eaten there or been in the lobby area dozens of times. I'm sure you'd be extremely happy at either resort.
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.