Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- I have a large family and we need two rooms. How can I make sure that my kids and I have rooms that connect to each other?
- - Asked by Jeff from New York on 4/24/2008
- Last weekend I visited many resorts across WDW. At each resort I discussed with various managers the issues/questions they most commonly hear from guests. The most common issue mentioned (by far) was that guests, don’t always end up getting the room features they requested (including connecting rooms).
Fortunately, the managers also shared with me some great tips about how to improve your chances of getting room requests granted. Please remember that most room requests are not guaranteed, unless you have paid for a specific room type (e.g. garden view), but here are the tips they shared to help improve your chances…
1) For connecting rooms, make sure your request says “connecting”, and not “adjoining.”
Adjoining = next to each other but NOT connected
Connecting = the rooms are adjoining AND they have an internal door that connects them
2) "Water view" means pool OR lake. Some guests expect a pool or a lake view, and are surprised if they get the other. Also, sometimes the "pool view" is of one of the smaller "quiet" pools, and not the main pool.
3) If you want to make sure your room requests (all flavors and varieties) are correct in your reservation, and/or want to follow-up with specific room request questions (e.g., pool vs. lake view), be sure to call WDW 4-10 days before you arrive, and ask for "back office" or "room assignments." All of the managers I spoke with encouraged guests to specifically ask for "back office" or "room assignments" so guests can talk with the right person at the specific resort. They would rather resolve issues on the phone in advance vs. deal with them during check-in. The 4-10 day window comes from the fact that the hotel (back office/room assignments) gets the reservation data downloaded to them 10 days before arrival, and approximately 3 days before arrival your room will be assigned.
Just in case it helps, I'll also cross my fingers for your connecting rooms!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.