Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Is it worth it to pay the extra charge for a preferred room
- - Asked by Brenda from Ontario on 11/8/2009
This is a pretty open ended question. There are a lot of factors, some of which, for me, make it well worth the extra charge. Others are not so important that I care to pay the extra fee. Here are some examples;
- At the Animal Kingdom Lodge some preferred rooms cost extra because you will get a view of the savanna and the animals living there. If you have the time to enjoy that, it may be well worth the cost.
- Other resorts charge a preferred room fee for rooms close to the lobby, transportation, or other amenities. When alone I don't do it, but when I am with my kids I do.
- Views of the Magic Kingdom, and the nightly fireworks, can be great. My wife and I can watch from a balcony as the kids sleep inside.
So there are a ton of reasons to, or not to, pay the extra charge for a preferred room. If you write me back with details of where you are staying, what the preferred charge gets you in your case, and what your traveling party is like, i would be glad to make more precise recommendations!
Have a magical vacation!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.