Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi Moms! We are making our 2nd trip to DW in April, with DD 12 and busy DS 6! In the middle of our week we have a day we want to take it a little quieter - go to the pool, relax, & find something else fun to do. Staying at WL. Any ideas? Thanks!
- - Asked by Robin from Michigan on 1/2/2014
- Hi Robin! Thanks for the great question! I love that you're taking a day to enjoy your resort. To me that's an ideal vacation - there's so much to do at Disney World away from the parks! Wilderness Lodge is an incredible resort. Here are a few ideas:
- Spend some time at the pool. Check out the daily board, as they offer fun activities for the kids.
- Rent a bike. Or even more fun, your family can rent a Surrey bike and ride all around your resort.
- Rent a boat and sail on the lake!
- Visit the nearby monorail resorts. Take the boat to the Contemporary Resort and check out all it has to offer. From there, hop on the monorail to the Polynesian and Grand Floridian Resorts. We love visiting the other resorts. and it's most helpful when planning your next vacation.
- Have dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's one of our must dos!
- In the evening, head next door to Fort Wilderness for Chip 'N Dale's Campfire Singalong and movie under the stars.
Hope this helps Robin! Write back with and other questions!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.