Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- My husband and I will be traveling in late October next year with our girls, 6 & 14. While I know there is plenty to keep my 6 year old entertained, I want to find something special to do with my 14 year old other than general park attractions. Any h
- - Asked by Alicia from Mississippi on 10/31/2013
- Hi Alicia,
I have a few fun special ideas that you can enjoy with your 14 year old. All of these are experiences that I have done with my teens at Disney and we've had a blast together!
1) Tandem Parasailing is so much fun! In fact, my teen says that it is the coolest thing he has ever done. Check the weight requirements to see if you can go together or if she is heavy enough to fly solo. This is beyond description...so cool.
2) Another awesome option is the Wild Africa Trek. I did this excursion with my daughter this past summer. This is one of my favorite experiences at Disney. You'll have a blast together. I'm including a video about this adventure.
3) Dolphins in Depth is a lot of fun for teens who enjoy dolphins. My oldest daughter enjoyed this experience a lot.
4) Surfing Lessons at Typhoon Lagoon are super cool. Two years ago my husband and I participated in the this with our teens. None of us had ever surfed before and it was amazing how quickly everyone learned.
I hope this gives you some ideas and that you have a wonderful vacation together,
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.