Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- My husband and I are taking our children (7 and 9) to WDW in August. What do you recommend taking with us to the parks? Also, I assume the moms do all the taking. What's the best "container" to carry all of our neccesities?
- - Asked by William from North Carolina on 3/30/2008
- I usually bring a small backpack into the parks. I find backpacks easier that bags with straps because it helps me keep my hands free. By the time my kids were 7, I had really pared down the list of items that we had to bring with us into the parks (no more diapers, pacifiers, and sippy cups!). But even though my children are now older, I still bring several things into the parks each day. These include:
- park tickets and room keys, ID, credit card
- a list of all our dining reservations and confirmation numbers (sometimes I laminate this)
- sun hats
- water bottles
- camera equipment
- ponchos or umbrellas if rain is expected
- small diversions in case we get stuck waiting for a bus, our favorite lately is Mad Libs
- jackets or sweaters if a temperature change is expected
- cell phones (for me, hubby, and my 11-year-old daughter)
- travel-sized Purell
- a small pouch with basic medical and first aid items (band-aids, travel-sized Tylenol for children and adults, any prescriptions we may be taking during our trip)
As I mentioned, with younger kids, this list gets much longer. But even when I've been traveling at WDW by myself, I have not been able to get the list much smaller than this.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.