Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi Mona Leigh! Can you tell me the 5 coolest, active, adventurous things that I would enjoy visiting at Disney World? Things I can get into and do myself. I'd go alone or w/friend, no kids,but I play like one.
- - Asked by FoCho from Delaware on 10/25/2013
- Hi FoCho,
Walt Disney World has many options for fun, active, and adventurous activities. Here are some of my favorites.
1. Wild Africa Trek: This experience lets you get closer to many of the animals on Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney's Animal Kingdom. You do a fair amount of walking on this adventure, including on bridges above animals such as crocodiles and hippopotamuses! Do not worry, you are fitted with special safety equipment.
2. Dolphins in Depth: Continuing the animal theme, consider this experience, where you get to interact with dolphins at Epcot while in waist-deep water.
3. Seminars during Epcot Festivals: During the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, held in the fall, and the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, held in the spring, there are numerous seminars and events held at which you can learn about various topics. For example, during the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival you may learn techniques for tasting wine, and during the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, you may learn about topics such as home gardening.
4. Wilderness Back Trail Adventure: On this trek, you will explore the woods of Disney's Fort Wilderness on an X2 Segway. Do not worry, there is training on how to use a Segway first!
5. Richard Petty Driving Experience: With this experience, you can choose from a NASCAR vehicle or and exotic car. You can do a ride-along, where a driver will take you around the track at amazing speeds, or you can even chose to drive the car yourself!
Please know that the experiences above do require payment, and most must be booked ahead of time. If any of these appeal to you, and you want more information, or if you need any other help in your planning, please do not hesitate to ask, FoCho!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.