Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Considering surprising my parents with a Backstage Safari Tour . What's it like? Do you get to touch any animals?
- - Asked by Sarah from British Columbia on 1/8/2014
- Hello Sarah!
The Backstage Safari Tour is a behind the scenes look at where and how the animals are cared for. During the tour you will be able to:
- Visit the Animal Nutrition Center and see how the food is prepared for the animals.
- Go behind the scenes and see the animal housing area
- Tour the veterinary hospital
- Visit the Animal Programs Administrative building
- Enjoy refreshments and collect a memorable keepsake
After the tour, you will then get to enjoy an animal expedition on the Kilimanjaro Safaris. Because the animals are free roaming, each safari ride is different.
This is a tour of the backstage facilities, animal viewing is extremely limited. There may be opportunity for animal interaction but it is not guaranteed.
I would say if you are looking for animal interaction, such as touching, this probably is not the tour to book for your parents. You can find a list of tours on the events and tours section of the Walt Disney World website.
- View more answers about Tours
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.