Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- "To the Disney Dad" 7 days to go! My hubby is NO sports fanatic but he loves construction, engineering and any other manly type activity. Do you have any suggestions for activities he would like at WDW?
- - Asked by Marie from Texas on 8/30/2008
Only 7 days? How exciting! I'm definitely jealous!
Several ideas come to mind. Admittedly some work better without the kids...
- Visit some of the resorts. The best would be the Wilderness Lodge and the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Both offer tours/activities for everyone (not just resort guests). I'd especially recommend visiting the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge to see the "Iron Spike Room" (a small area that includes the actual train that Walt Disney had in his backyard), and ask a Cast Member to help you find a special Hidden Mickey (in 3-D) in the lobby of the Villas. You could also visit the Contemporary Resort to see some new construction in progress (convenient, as it is only a 10 minute walk from the Magic Kingdom).
- Consider taking a Segway tours (Epcot or Fort Wilderness). Kids must be 16 or older to participate in this tour.
- Consider the "Behind the Magic Steam Train Tour", and learn the details about Walt's love for trains. Kids must be at least 10 years old for this tour.
- Enjoy the attractions! Some of the best that are a bit more adult-oriented (many are good for all ages) include...
EPCOT: Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Mission Space, and Living with the Land
Hollywood Studios: Great Movie Ride, Lights Motor Action, The Magic of Disney Animation (for all ages, but one of my favorites!)
Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaris, and DINOSAUR (not recommended for kids that scare easily!)
Magic Kingdom: Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, and perhaps the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (a great attraction for taking a break)
- Pick up a copy of Steven Barrett's Hidden Mickey Guidebook (in many bookstores, and most Disney gift shops), and let your husband get swept away in the fun of these hidden gems throughout WDW.
Hope that gives you some good ideas to help your Donald Duck Dad.
- View more answers about Tours
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.