Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- HI It's our first time coming to Disney. There will be 4 kids in our group age 5-11. We are thinking of going to Hollywood Studios, but know nothing about it. Can you suggest things to do/ride/see while we are there......it will be short 1 day
- - Asked by Christine from Alabama on 2/13/2014
- Hi Christine, spending a day at Disney's Hollywood Studios, whether it be a long or short day, is sure to be filled with some "movie-time" fun! Here are some of our favorite things to do there:
- The Great Movie Ride - whether you are young or old, this ride through the evolution of movies from silent-pictures to current day blockbusters, this ride is sure to be fun for all ages.
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - this attraction is a fun one to "drop-in". Keep in mind that you must be at least 40 inches tall to ride.
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith - my absolute favorite ride at this park combines rock music with a thrilling roller coaster ride! This attraction has a height minimum of 48 inches.
- Toy Story Mania! - you might think the older kids won't like this Toy Story themed ride, but with it's interactive component, it is so much fun for everyone.
- Star Tours - this simulation style attraction with a 3D aspect journeys through space in a galaxy far, far, away!
Keep in mind that the attractions I have listed are quite popular and while they all offer Fastpasses, with limited time your short day may have, you might not get to all of these. So, be sure to have a plan on the absolute must-dos for everyone, so that you can get to those first.
There are also lots of fun shows and entertainment such as LIghts, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage! and Mulch, Sweat, and Shears - Live in Concert. Be sure to check a times guide for specific times and locations. Along Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard, you can also see some great impromptu performances by the Citizens of Hollywood.
Have a fantastic day!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.