Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- I am setting up my personalized touring plan (touringplans.com) for Epcot, and under Shows, Parades, & Diversons is listed Friendship Boats. What are they, where do they go, how many people on each? Are they romantic; and best time to ride?
- - Asked by Nicholas from Pennsylvania on 12/14/2012
- Hi Nicholas,
Friendship boats are a means of transportation to and from various Disney Resort hotels to Disney Theme Parks/Downtown Disney.
The Magic Kingdom theme park is accessible by boat from:-
• Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
• Disney's Polynesian Resort
• Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
• Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Epcot theme park and Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park are accessible by boat from:-
• Disney's Boardwalk Inn and Villas Resort
• Disney's Beach Club Resort
• Disney's Yacht Club Resort
• Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
• Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
The Downtown Disney Area is accessible by boat from:-
• Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
• Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
• Disney's Old Key West Resort
• Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
They are fairly large boats which I would say accommodate upwards of 75 Guests.
I do think that it can be romantic to ride the friendship boat particularly from Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park to the Epcot Area Resort hotels at night - the BoardWalk Area looks absolutely stunning all lit up.
Complimentary transportation including the boats is available one hour prior to Disney Theme
Park opening time up to one hour after Disney Theme Park closing time.
Wishing you a magical trip filled with memories which will last a lifetime!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.