Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are going to Disney World the week of Christmas 2013. I am wondering where we could find characters for Star Wars? We are also looking for anything Star Wars what could you recommend during that week. We are staying in the Downtown Disney area.
- - Asked by Stephanie from Texas on 10/21/2013
- Welcome to the Disney Parks Moms Panel Stephanie!
For Star Wars related attractions, head to Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS). They don't always have Star War characters available for meet and greets except during Star Wars Weekends in the spring but there have been a few times we've seen Darth Vader and some Stormtroopers near Star Tours posing with Guests. You may get lucky over the Christmas holidays.
There are some great Star Wars attractions at DHS:
* Jedi Training Academy (ages 4 - 12). Here's a couple of things to keep in mind. Each potential Padawan that would like to participate must be with you (or an adult) at the time they sign up so Cast Members can ask them a couple of questions to make sure they can follow basic instructions.
Jedi Training Academy is a very popular experience. Registration is on a first come first serve basis and when they've reached their capacity for the day, they will close registration. I'd recommend arriving at DHS early and heading over to sign up to ensure a spot for the day especially since you'll be visiting during a peak season.
* Star Tours - The Adventure Continues. This is the ultimate Star Wars adventure with over 50 possible ride combinations.
* Visit Tatooine Traders located next to Star Tours. You'll find awesome Star Wars merchandise & guests can build their own lightsabers and Droids. You can also do this at Once Upon A Toy at Downtown Disney. There is a great photo op location just across from Tatooine Traders.
Please feel free to visit us with all of your planning questions. We're hEAR for you!
Wishing you minnie magical memories :-) Allison V.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.