Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We have a 5YO boy and 2YO girl. Our boy is into space things. Is there anything besides Mission Space at Epcot (in any park) that is a space theme? I know we wouldn't be interested in riding MS, but is it worth the effort to see the displays?
- - Asked by Kim from Indiana on 10/15/2008
- There are many attractions at WDW that are “space themed,” which I’ll
Mention in a moment, but first let me answer your
Interesting question about the queue at Mission Space. Being a big space fan, I
Can imagine that your son would really enjoy seeing the Mission Space queue.
Keep in mind that you should use the “Green Team” (less intense) queue,
Especially if it is busy, since that line tends to be the shortest,
Yet still lets you experience all of the queue themeing. Some of the cool things in the queue include: history of key space travel accomplishments, a simulated control room, and a space suit locker room. There also are some cool Hidden Mickeys in the queue!
If the queue is too long, at a minimum your son would likely enjoy the interactive “Advanced Training Lab” room at the attraction exit (you can enter this room directly from the gift shop at the attraction exit), which has many space related activities/games.
Other space themed attractions at WDW include:
- Star Tours at Hollywood Studios
- Astro Orbiter, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Buzz Lightyear, and Space Mountain (may be too intense for your son) at the Magic Kingdom
Hope that helps.
Bonus: Can you find the Hidden Mickey above? ºoº
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.