Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Erin--Hello from the "fudge lady". You recently mentioned that you were going to try out wdwstores.com with a fudge purchase. How did that experience go? Did you get the fudge you wanted (and did the girls get a nibble this time??) Thanks for
- - Asked by Neil from New Jersey on 10/22/2009
- Yes. I am the resident Moms Panel fudge expert.
I didn't end up ordering Disney fudge online yet because I was able to
sneak an extra trip down to WDW and pick some up myself. (I seriously
need some sort of intervention, I am that much of an addict.) I buy the
fudge "for the girls," and they do get a wee nibble, but then the box
just happens to end up on the high shelf where only Mommy can reach :-)
So, i can't give you input about that particular vendor. However, I can
discuss some of my recent WDW fudge experiences:
- There are sometimes discounts for purchases of large quantities of fudge.
- The mint flavors must be wrapped separately because the intense (and intensely delicious) aroma transfers to the other flavors.
- I brought 18 squares of fudge to my daughters and their bunkmates at camp this summer. Chocoate mint, smores, and a lemony flavor were the most popular among the tweeny girls.
- There are seasonal and special flavors. I've seen Celebration fudge for the "What Will You Celebrate" promotion. In the fall you'll find pumpkin and around Christmas you'll find peppermint and eggnog.
- Not every fudge sales area stocks exactly the same flavors. If there's a particular type you're looking for my first stop would be the Confectionery on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, but you can also check Goofy's Candy Company at Downtown Disney, the gift shop at the Contemporary, the sweet store on the Boardwalk or the candy store near the Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- If you want to bring fudge home, try purchasing it on your last day at WDW for maximum freshness.
- Tightly wrapped, the WDW fudge lasts for about a week - not that I've ever had a chance to test that out :-)
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.