Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi - We are arriving in April to celebrate the end of chemo and radiation treatment. It has been a tough road and so we are really looking forward to our visit. Is there anything special you could recommend to help our family celebrate? Thank you.
- - Asked by Diane from California on 1/14/2014
- Hi Diane ~
I completely understand your feelings of wanting to make your family's vacation special. An illness of one member of the family affects everyone and its great to celebrate the end of a tough road.
I think a nice meal is always a great way to celebrate and there are so many wonderful places to dine at Disney World. You could make reservations at the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort to coincide with the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. Its an amazing view! 'Ohana at the Polynesian Resort is another great choice.
In addition to a wonderful meal, here are some other special experiences that you may want to look into for your family:
* Go see the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue - this is a wonderful dinner show.
* Plan an evening aboard the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage to watch the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom.
* Book a speciality cruise to watch IllumiNations or Wishes.
* Go see a performance of Cirque du Soleil - La Nouba at Downtown Disney.
* Depending on the ages of the members of your family, you could look at taking a tour together.
* Take a relaxing horse drawn carriage ride.
Wishing you minnie magical memories :-) Allison V.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.