Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Our son (3yo) is about to complete his 24 week chemotherapy treatment and as a "reward" we are taking a week vacation to Disney. Can you suggest anything for us that might be a wow moment for him to experience. We also have a 4yo daughter.
- - Asked by Brenda from Florida on 12/26/2013
- Hi Brenda ~
Your son and daughter deserve lots of "WOW" moments because a serious illness affects the whole family.
There are so many things that you could do that would be fun for both of them. If you're staying at a Disney Resort Hotel, be sure to request "I'm Celebrating" buttons for each of you when you check-in or stop by Guest Relations at one of theme parks to get them.
Here are some other suggestions to make your trip special:
* Visit Mickey at the Town Square Theater in the Magic Kingdom (MK). He talks at this location!
* Plan a character meal. Chef Mickey's, Mickey's Backyard BBQ and the Crystal Palace are some of my boys' favorites.
* Family Magic Tour at the MK. My boys had a great time looking for clues and enjoyed some surprises along the way.
* The Pirates League at the MK.
* Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. This is one of our favorite ways to watch the fireworks at the MK. It involves food, fireworks and a voyage on the Seven Seas Lagoon with pirates!
* Dance in the streets with the characters at the MK during the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party.
* Visit Tri-Circle-D Ranch at Fort Wilderness. You can see the horses from Main Street there and Cinderella's adorable white ponies.
Please feel free to visit with any other questions. Its my pleasure to assist you!
Wishing you minnie magical memories :-) Allison V.
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.