Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi! My fiance and I are spending our Honeymoon at the POR from 4/18-4/25. We are looking to make it as magical as possible. I've already booked lunch with an imagineer at the Brown Derby for us, what other "must experiences" would you recommend?
- - Asked by Janelle on 1/12/2013
- Hi Janelle!
This is a great question. I would also recommending doing the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. It will allow you to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks, Wishes, from Seven Sea Lagoon. It is a fabulous experience, though it is geared towards families. However, you won't "stick out" or anything if it is just you two on a Honeymoon. Everybody in my family, including my wife, absolutely loves the experience. Of course, if your budget allows, you could do a private Wishes or Illuminations cruise!
I also recommend making some reservations at some romantic dining locations. I would suggest one or more of the following:
- Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge
- Citricos in the Grand Floridian Resort
- Sanaa in the Animal Kingdom Lodge
- California Grill in the Contemporary
If your budget allows, definitely also consider Victoria and Albert's, the finest restaurant in all of Walt Disney World. Also, if you both have been to Walt Disney World before, you might think about doing a backstage tour. That gives you a peek into how Disney does the magic. My two favorite are the Keys to the Kingdom tour and Backstage Magic.
I hope this helps! Please write back with more questions!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.