Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- I just purchased a WDW vacation package thru my travel agent. In order to get the dining plan, it was necessary to purchase at least a one day theme park pass. My question: Why can I not purchase an AP at the time that I purchased the package?
- - Asked by Louis from Louisiana on 5/30/2011
- In order to purchase a vacation package using the annual passholder benefit, you would first need to purchase your annual pass and then call 407-W-DISNEY.
While annual passholders can call and have a dining plan added to their room only reservation, it can not be used in conjunction with a current discounted package offer. The room only reservation however will be subject to package terms when the dining plan is added. You may be able to get an Annual Passholder room only discount, then add the dining plan to that discounted room but be subject to package terms such as having to pay the balance 45 days in advance.
Therefore, you have two choices:
1. book a vacation package with at least one day of theme park tickets for each person in your party and add the dining plan to your package
2. purchase an annual pass, reserve a room (hopefully with an annual passholder discount) and then call to add a dining package to your reservation.
If you have further questions, please call 407-W-DISNEY to clarify. Thanks!!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.