Disney Cruise Line®
The Disney Parks Moms Panel answers your questions about Disney Cruise Line® .
Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are trying to decide between 3 or 4 nights on the Dream in Sept. Price has us leaning towards the 3 night stay but I was wondering how much we'd miss out on without that extra day at sea. Can you please tell me the differences between the 2? Thank you!
- - Asked by Lisa from Texas on 2/1/2011
- Hi, Lisa!
A Disney Cruise Line (DCL) vacation is extra special, and I know that it takes some extra consideration, too. Yet, on our family's very first DCL cruise, my only regret is that it wasn't longer! It takes such effort for a family to plan, pay for and travel for a cruise that I personally think that three nights is just not long enough...especially if this is your first experience with DCL.
Of course, you know that a four-day cruise includes one day at sea which may not seem like much. Yet, if you've never been to Nassau or Castaway Cay, you'll want to spend those days ashore. And with the new Disney Dream being even larger than her other sea-faring sisters, there's more ship to explore and discover. You'll need that day at sea to:
So, there's simply more time to enjoy yourself on the ship for a 4-day cruise. I recommend 3-day cruises for those guests who are tacking on a cruise to a Walt Disney World vacation or if that's all they can squeeze into their schedule. (Of course, a three-day cruise is better than no cruise at all!)
- Reserve a night for the adults at Palo or Remy
- Enjoy spa experiences at Senses Spa & Salon
- Take a ride or two or three down the AquaDuck
- Explore with the Midship Detective Agency
- Visit Goofy's Sports Deck to shoot some hoops or play a round of mini-golf
- Make your photo selections at Shutters
- See a first-run movie at the Buena Vista Theater
- Relax and rejuvenate on a deck chair in preparation for your return to reality the next day!
Hopefully, my experience will help you make a decision for your family. Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation. Bon voyage!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.