Disney Cruise Line®
The Disney Parks Moms Panel answers your questions about Disney Cruise Line® .
Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi my name is Evelyn, we will be taking our first cruise in September 2011 with our two children our prince is 5 and princess 4 and we are a bit confuse on the food and dinning. Are we going to have to pay for anything? And we are schedule for the second d
- - Asked by Evelyn from California on 1/17/2011
- Hi, Evelyn!
Congratulations on your first cruise! You are wise to invest your vacation time, effort and dollars with Disney Cruise Line -- you are going to be pampered and entertained beyond your expectations!
Most of the food and dining is included with the cost of your cruise fare. The only exceptions are the adult dining opportunities at Remy (Dream) and Palo (Dream, Magic and Wonder) -- for which prior reservations are required. The second dinner seating (usually around 8:30 p.m.) refers to dining in one of the rotational dining restaurants. You'll learn of which restaurant you're dining in on each night once you're on board.
For a Disney cruise, the ship's guests are on a 'cashless' system having paid for most of the onboard expenses already with the cruise fare. Other expenses you may incur are:
- Alcoholic beverages and specialty drinks (such as special coffee drinks and smoothies)
- Pre-packaged snacks at the movie theater
- Spa & salon services and experiences
Shore excursions (port adventures) and childcare services (for children under 3) can be reserved and paid for prior to departure, and a suggested list of gratuities is available on the Disney Cruise site. There are some room service items that are not included in the cost of your cruise fare, and I usually carry cash for the server who delivers room service. I hope this helps you plan.
Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation. Bon voyage!
- View more answers about Dining
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.