Disney Cruise Line®
The Disney Parks Moms Panel answers your questions about Disney Cruise Line®.
Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- My family and myself will be going on a Disney cruise next year 2012. We have three kids 8yrs, 17yrs, 1yrs I would like to know how safe is the ship. Is the ship kid friendly as far as deck rails or kids getting lost etc.. Disney Dream Cruise..
- - Asked by Michele from North Carolina on 1/26/2011
- Hi, Michele!
Congratulations on your cruise aboard the Disney Dream next year -- I'm sure that you've seen in the press just how stylish and spectacular she is!
All Disney Cruise Line ships are designed and constructed with safety in mind. From dependable safeguards for children to compulsory safety drills for every passenger to stringent security guidelines, you can feel protected on a Disney cruise. Of course, Disney is the leader in quality family entertainment and destinations -- its probably one of the reasons you chose a Disney Cruise. Therefore, you can trust that there are many details in place to make sure that your experience is exemplary on every level.
Since you have a wide-range of ages in your family like I do, let me give you a few pointers for added safety and fun:
- Your teen will be allowed to come and go from Vibe (the teens-only area). For communication, consider bringing a magnetic white board for the stateroom door. It cuts down on the "I've been looking EVERYWHERE for you!"
- You will need to check your middle child in and out of the Oceaneer's Club and Oceaneer's Lab. Therefore, s/he will be there when not with you. The hardest part will be trying to get your child out of the kids' clubs!
- For your baby, begin trying to figure out which shore excursions you might be interested in and making corresponding reservations for It's a Small World Nursery. You will enjoy your time with your older kids if you can squeeze in one active Port Adventure without having to worry about the baby and the equipment.
I hope this helps you plan and relieves any concerns you may have. Yet, although Disney Cruise Line seems to think of everything, remember that the common sense rules of safety that apply on any trip also apply when you are cruising. Safety is a shared responsibility.
Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation. Bon voyage!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.