Disney Cruise Line®
The Disney Parks Moms Panel answers your questions about Disney Cruise Line®.
Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- What do I need to be sure to take for a two year old (I have a five year old as well). Do you need stroller on the boat, Bahamas, or Castaway Cay?
- - Asked by Traci from North Carolina on 5/1/2010
- Hi Traci,
This is a great question! I'll give you a list of my must-have items when packing for little ones on a Disney Cruise:
- Sunscreen, and plenty of it!
- Hats - I always brought two for the little ones so they could wear one in the pool and still have a dry one on-hand.
- Disposable wash cloths - I love the pre-soaped ones for babies, it made bath time much easier!
- Disposable bibs - Saves on laundry and preserves the cute outfits.
- Sweater - The air conditioning can be quite chilly in the theaters and dining rooms.
- Travel Clock - The only clock in the stateroom is not illuminated, which makes it very difficult to get the time without disturbing someone.
- Night Light - The cabins can be very dark.
- Medicine Kit - Simply because you never know when someone may become sick. There is a limited amount of sundries/medicines in the onboard gift shop - but the operating hours are limited.
Porta-cribs and/or bed rails are available onboard. With a two-year old I would probably suggest bringing a umbrella stroller for your convenience. Often times when I enjoyed walking the decks to calm down our toddlers before putting them to bed. It would also be useful if you wanted to do a little exploring in Nassau. There is a limited amount of wagons at Castaway Cay for guests to use, and they are available on a first-come-first-served basis. If found these to come in quite handy for toting young children and their gear to the beach.
It is also worth noting that there are laundry facilities onboard. I found it refreshing to be able to do a load of wash and cut down on the amount of clothing that I had to pack.
Hope this helps!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.