Disney Cruise Line®
The Disney Parks Moms Panel answers your questions about Disney Cruise Line® .
Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We would love to take a Disney Cruise (2 adults, 2 kids, maybe the grandparents). Our vacation budget is a bit tight, do they ever offer discounts?
- - Asked by Melissa from Illinois on 8/24/2010
- Hi Melissa,
Welcome to the Moms Panel! The service, style, entertainment and FUN of a Disney Cruise is worth saving your pennies for! I totally get where you are coming from, unfortunately due to the popularity of DCL combined with the finite number of passengers they can accommodate I don't see a lot of big discounts on their cruises.
Of course that doesn't mean that they don't offer specials from time-to-time, so I suggest that you bookmark the Disney Cruise Special Offers page and check back monthly to see what is being offered.
In my experience, the best pricing for Disney Cruises is secured if you can either book far in advance, or last minute. If you can be flexible on your travel dates and grab a last minute deal - sometimes there will be specials. Here are a few tips on getting the best rates:
- Book Early - Most voyages can be reserved with a deposit of $200 per person. Your final payment will be due about 75 days prior to your sail date - so you can make payments as your budget allows up until that time.
- Travel Off Season - September and January have been my favorite months to cruise because I've gotten the best deals during these months.
- Sign up at www.mousesavers.com to get their email alerts. This site is great about sending emails when a hot deal is released. Their site have helpful information on DCL discounts.
I hope this helps!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.