Disney Cruise Line®
The Disney Parks Moms Panel answers your questions about Disney Cruise Line®.
Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Andi, now that you're back from your cruise to Alaska can you share with us booked on future Disney Alaska sail dates some of the hightlights, must-do and tips? For reference, the kids going on our trip are 6, 8, 11 and 14. Thank you!
- - Asked by Charissa on 6/30/2011
- Ahoy, Charissa!
My family's Alaskan voyage on the Disney Wonder was of the most memorable and unique experiences of our lives. We sailed June 7-14 -- which put us close to summer solstice and some of the longest days of daylight. The scenery was spectacular, and I'm so thankful that we took full advantage of those long days to get the very most of each port and every day at sea.
DisneyCruise.com is in the process of producing and posting videos which we shot in Alaska, and much of the content features what makes this unique Disney destination so perfect for families. In addition, the videos highlight my personal tips as a mother of four -- 16,14, 11 and 7 -- but I'll give you a "sneak peek" here:
Don't you want me to come with you to be your personal tour guide?
Visiting Alaska -- especially from the warmth of my "home" on the Disney
Wonder -- gave me an adventurous spirit and the desire to see that
beautiful landscape again. Best wishes as you plan and come back if you
need more details.
- Dress the family in layers with a waterproof shell. Bring a couple of pair of durable shoes and leave the ski stuff at home. (Don't bring the puffy parka!)
- Prepare to dress up a couple of times in the evening but don't overpack. Let the guys' one suit/sportcoat suffice for the whole voyage -- switch out shirts.
- Bring really good binoculars and lots of memory/batteries for cameras.
- Book at least one Port Adventure per port of call. You can't do these type of things in the Lower 48 and especially on warm-weather cruises. They're amazing!
- Our favorite Port Adventures were -- panning for gold and zip-lining in Skagway; helicopter to dog mushing/glacier trekking and whale watching in Juneau; lumberjack show in Ketchikan
Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation. Bon voyage!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.