Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- HI Amanda - Celebrating our Daughters B-day in September and we want to see World of Color - Picnic or Dining options seem better then non-ticketed viewing, but are there differences or are they just guaranteed entry to the FastPass area. Recommendations?
- - Asked by Dan from Colorado on 2/20/2012
- Hi Dan! I can't think of a better place to celebrate your daughter's birthday than at Disneyland. You're the BEST Dad! Your little one is gonna have the time of her life! To enter the general viewing areas for World of Color (WOC) you will be required to have a WOC FASTPASS which can be obtained two ways:
1. From the WOC FASTPASS kiosk located near the Grizzly River Rapids attraction at California Adventure.
2. Purchase a WOC picnic prior to your arrival.
In addition to the general WOC viewing areas, there is a special section reserved for those who have purchased the WOC Dining Package. This section is a little more centrally situated on Paradise Bay and is a little less crowded than the general FASTPASS viewing areas.
So, to answer your question, if you choose the WOC Dining Package, you will be given a special ticket which will enable you to enter the preferred / reserved WOC viewing area. If you purchase the WOC picnics, you will be given a FASTPASS which will permit entry into the general WOC viewing area.
While I have tried both options, WOC Picnic and WOC Dining, I honestly prefer the the picnic because it is the most inexpensive and convenient option. The picnics are available in several varieties and are extremely yummy! When you go online to purchase your WOC picnic, you have the ability to choose which showing of WOC you'd like to attend (if applicable). By purchasing the picnic, you eliminate the need to wait in line for a WOC FASTPASS. WOC is extremely popular and FASTPASS are usually fully distributed shortly after park opening. By purchasing a WOC picnic, you can leave the worry behind and enjoy your day, knowing that your spots for WOC are secure.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.