The Disney Parks Moms Panel answers your questions about runDisney.
Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- For the WDW half in January, what pace will the run leader be keeping for 3:30? Like jog a mile, walk a mile. Will they go by time or distance? I would like to train keeping the pace they will do so the van won't pick me up!
- - Asked by Anne from Arkansas on 10/14/2013
- Hi Anne! The CLIF BAR pacers are a great way to stay on track!
Below is the information on pace groups. I would encourage you to visit the website listed below to sign up for your group, and to inquire about specifics.. As for the van, those pacers will start walking a 16 minute/mile pace once the last person crosses the starting line. If you get behind them, you will be carted to the finish area.
Here's How It Works:
- Each Pace Leader will run even splits (every mile will be run in the same amount of time) throughout the race.
- By following your Pace Team leader, you'll cross the finish line in under two minutes of your goal time.
- Pace Teams will be provided for the following finish times:
- Marathon - 3:10, 3:20, 3:30, 3:40, 3:50, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 5:00, and 5:30.
- Half Marathon – 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, and 3:00
Meet Your Pacer at the Expo
- Meet your Pace Team leader before the race at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Learn about your Pacer's marathon experience; insights on staying hydrated during the race; and assorted tips.
- Get your free Pace Band from a Pace Leader.
Where to Meet on Race Day
- On race morning, pace leaders will be lined up according to their
pace and holding signs with their finish times. Join your appropriate
Need more info? Learn more about how the Clif Bar Pace Team can help you achieve your best full or half marathon ever and sign-up by visiting clifbar.com.
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.